Compare and Read Reviews for the Best Project Management Software73 results
Optimize costs, dispatch, scheduling and reporting with our enterprise class cloud based workforce management solution.Learn More »
Powernoodle is a thought leader in leveraging the cloud to help everyone make better decisions. From small teams to large enterprises, the platform enables collaborative, impact...Learn More »
ProofHub is a web based project management software that helps to manage, discuss and communicate with team members and clients at one central place. It provides features like g...Learn More »
Comindware Project is a professional Project Management solution for Project Managers and team members that brings an innovative technology for efficient project planning, exe...Learn More »
AffinityLive offers business products designed for professional service companies. With CRM, Projects, Service & Retainers and PSA, your business can get an all-in-one ...Learn More »
Genius Project provides evolved social media tools for reactive, agile team collaboration. Its more than 500 report options help managers quickly analyze project statuses, budge...Learn More »
Empowering you to optimize your everyday work needs, Project Drive is an intuitive, web-based solution for your project management needs. Collaboration and communication being t...Learn More »
Smartsheet's cloud worksheets redefine how teams collaborate on projects and tasks. The web-based tool combines a familiar spreadsheet-like interface with file sharing, automate...Learn More »
Mavenlink provides powerful software and services to help organizations conduct business online. We make it easier to get things done, keep clients happy, and grow profitably. O...Learn More »
Easy Projects state-of-the-art online project management software offers a full range of features and tools to make this online planning suite a perfect solution for your needs....Learn More »
BillQuick offers some of the most flexible time billing and project management solutions on the market, both in terms of functionality and deployment. Available as a stand-alone...Learn More »
What is it ?
Project Management Software is becoming essential to the organization and to the implementation of business activities. Depending on the software’s sophistication, it can manage planning and monitoring of activities, cost containment as well as distribution as well as controlling the stream of information. These versatile tools are adapted to the needs of small and large businesses, and are often complementary of CRM and integrated management package.
Planning and monitoring of activities
It is one of the principal functionality of Project Management Software that is really a time management tool in the first place: it allows the division of projects into several steps, spreading out and coordinating tasks attributed to each team as well as fixing a time table of implementation and deadlines. According to the number of persons engaged in a project, planning is more or less complex, but these tools must permit to:
- Correctly plan a project according to the production of interdependent tasks
- Evaluate and affect the (human, material) “resources” necessary to the production of a project, according to the identifiable
- Manage the potential delays affecting the production timetable of the project.
- Reinforce the internal collaboration of workgroups
Time management, human resources, and personnel are very well interlinked to the aspects of project’s financial management. Project Management software is supposed to allow the finalization of the entire project within the time limit corresponding to the allocated budget thereto. On the other hand, the tool does not replace the remarks relative to the organizational constraints that strongly determine the implementation of a project: roles and functions precisely attributed to the workers, respecting the implementation specifications, software tool training (particularly if it integrates a working component).
Distribution, sharing and managing the flow of information
Project management software permits the supplying of information at different levels (shared or not) to the members of a project --managers and/or workers--. Amongst others:
- List of tasks
- Sharing of documents
- General presentation (ex: graphic) of the necessary time for the production of a task
- Recapitulation of the project’s progress and gap between the objectives achieved and planned objectives
- Alert on the eventual risks affecting the smooth progress of a project
- Information on workload and holiday planning
- Optimization of the use of unused resources like “free” time for example
How to choose your tool
During your analysis, we recommend that you concentrate on the following components:
- Multi-Project Management: Take in consideration the number of projects that the software allows you to launch in the platform. In fact, numerous softwares that may not seem expensive at first glance see their running cost rapidly increase as you add projects
- Ergonomy: User-friendly softwares can make you gain a great deal of time
- User role: Make sure that the software allows multiple accesses for your team members and also allows you to manage specific roles: It is not necessary for all team members to have access to the same type of information
- Reporting: Reporting must be rich (gantt diagram...) and made up of numerous indicators allowing you a precise monitoring
- Notifications management: Notifications can make the task easier for you as it enables to inform the team members on the tasks’ advancements
In a more general way, one can classify the evaluation criteria in 2 groups: General functional criteria (conventional functions: gantt, timesheet, task list...) and more subjective criteria that are directly correlated with your daily operations. Setting in place a project management tool will most likely have a direct influence on the entire production, and thus, on the entire business. Taking the right decisions from the beginning of the selection and implementation process is therefore critical.